September 2022 Astrology Forecast for Business OwnersSep 01, 2022
by Tenae Stewart, The Witch of Lupine Hollow
Virgo and Libra are the dominant signs and themes for September, bringing our attention to our rituals, routines, and relationships.
First, on September 5, Venus enters Virgo. This is traditionally considered one of Venus’ least comfortable placements in the zodiac, as Venus is said to be “in fall” in Virgo. That’s because Venus is exalted in Virgo’s opposite sign of Pisces – Venus in Pisces is compassionate, loving, romantic, and believes in fairytales.
Venus in Virgo, on the other hand, is traditionally thought to not have full access to her sensual power – after all, the goddess of love couldn’t possibly be comfortable in the sign of the Virgin… could she?
Here’s the thing: in ancient times, to be a “virgin” was to be whole unto oneself and unmarried, not necessarily sexually chaste. Virgo energy is actually deeply sensual and in touch with the physical plane, including physical pleasure and abundant wealth. It’s just that where Venus in Pisces or Venus in her home signs of Taurus and Libra is unbridled in these areas, Venus in Virgo invites us to be more discerning about our pleasure.
This is a great time to tidy up your finances and to ask yourself if the routines in your life feel pleasurable, or if they’re more of a drag and in need of a refresh.
The month is really defined by Mercury’s retrograde transit through Libra and Virgo, however. On September 9, Mercury will station retrograde in Libra, asking us to reevaluate miscommunications in our closest, most intimate relationships. Then, on September 23, Mercury will retrograde back into its home sign of Virgo, bringing a much needed refresh to our rituals and spiritual practices.
Specifically, this Mercury Rx in Libra and Virgo is activating particular areas of your own astrological chart depending on your rising or ascendant sign, which can help you get even more nuanced insight on where this will show up in your life:
- Aries Rising: Reevaluate how you communicate with your partner(s) and refresh your day-to-day routines
- Taurus Rising: Reevaluate how you communicate with your coworkers and refresh your creative routines
- Gemini Rising: Reevaluate how you communicate with your kids or inner child and refresh your bedtime routines
- Cancer Rising: Reevaluate how you communicate at home and refresh your journaling routines
- Leo Rising: Reevaluate how you communicate in your written marketing or correspondence and refresh your money routines
- Virgo Rising: Reevaluate how you communicate about pleasure and money and refresh your self-talk routines
- Libra Rising: Reevaluate how you communicate your truth and refresh your intuitive routines
- Scorpio Rising: Reevaluate how you communicate your intuitive hits and refresh your social media routines
- Sagittarius Rising: Reevaluate how you communicate in your community spaces and refresh your daily work routines
- Capricorn Rising: Reevaluate how you communicate with your team/staff/coworkers and refresh your educational routines
- Aquarius Rising: Reevaluate how you communicate with your spiritual teachers and refresh your witchy rituals and routines
- Pisces Rising: Reevaluate how you communicate with your spirit guides and refresh your date night or romantic routines
On September 22, just before Mercury retrogrades back into Virgo, we will also celebrate the autumn equinox, when the sun enters Libra. This is one of the two days of the year when day and night are equal and balanced and it’s a great time to align with gratitude and abundance in your life and business!